Sunday, February 15, 2009

We're official because we have a crib.

I'm just so happy to have a crib in our home! It makes me feel WAY more prepared, with the added bonus of giving me additional hope that there's light at the end of the pregnancy tunnel. Because soon there will be a (cute) baby in that crib, which means she won't be inside me anymore, which means I'll finally have my body back after 9 months ... which is 75% of an entire year, which is a long stinking time!! So here's the picture Eldon took this morning. I'm astounded that my belly continues to grow. It's looking mighty full these days. :)

Also, I did my first load of baby laundry yesterday and it made me so happy to take warm little onsies and receiving blankets out of the drier. I'm going to be a mommy in just a couple weeks! Oh ... I'm just so excited!! I'm so ready to hold her. I love sitting in bed and reading baby books and planning out my first few weeks of mothering. This is just so fun!

5 comments:

  1. It IS so fun, and it does feel really good to have things out and ready for the baby. It makes it even more real than feeling them move and hearing the heart beat and watching your belly grow already has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much for taking more pictures! You look beautiful, my Shelli girl...and oh so very pregnant. :) How exciting and "REAL" this is getting. Dad and I are on cloud 9! I love your darling quilt, by the way. Is that the one you made? You rock!!!!! Love you so, see you soon! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems little more real when you have it all set up doesn't it? I was in the same spot you were 3 children ago. Now I have not done one thing for this baby and we have 8 wks left. It is so hard to find the time to get ready for this one. You look great! Can't wait to meet her. You are almost there. Hang in there. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh Shelli!!! Aunt Shauna is getting VERYYY excited!!!! You are the just the cutest!! I can't wait to meet little Bon-Chi-Chi. =] She is going to be darling!!! I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you are looking very ready! Good luck with everything! Did I read that you are still in Provo? We might be coming up in April (as long as my doctor gives the ok) for Brian's sister's graduation, I'd love to catch up with you, if even for a quick lunch or hi. I have been very lucky that I didn't have morning sickness at all, and other than being unbelievably exhausted the first trimester (teaching and moving from Hawaii to Las Vegas), I have felt great. I am just over 4 months; due July 26. Anyway, hang in there the last few weeks, once it happens it will be a whirlwind!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!