1- I wish I never had to sleep. I'd rather just get more done in a day.
2- I have a widow's peak which I only allow to manifest itself during certain seasons of my life. Usually I pluck it.
3- I once cut off my fish's head to put it out of its misery. I used a kitchen knife. I was 19 years old.
4- I really, really hate living in Utah. I don't have enough charity to tolerate the culture here. I'd rather have iffy non-LDS neighbors than iffy LDS ones.
5- I love being a girl. Despite periods and pregnancy and hormones and occasional irrational thought processes ... I love being a feminine force in the world.
6- I don't think women should love their kids more than their husbands, and I think it happens all the time.
7- I asked for cleaning supplies for my birthday last year. Really.
8- I think women who aren't fulfilled by being wives and mothers just don't understand.
9- My favorite Lord of the Rings character is Sam. I think I'd have a crush on him in real life ... if I weren't married ... and he weren't a hobbit ... and the world were drastically different than it is at present. Maybe not.
10- I hate it when people use apostrophes to pluralize something. STOP IT!
11- I love the sound of happy children. All the time. No matter where I am.
12- I secretly fear that my kids won't be cute. I don't know why I worry about it, but if they come out looking like little asian mice I'm going to feel really guilty.
13- My greatest aspirations are to be a great wife and mother. And people tell me, “but you’re so smart.” I know. That’s the point. (This one was Camilla's, but I feel the same way.)
14- I started defining words I use to compensate for (or offset) my ex husband’s limited vocabulary. (This was also Camilla's, but it's one of my favorite games. :))
15- I love to cuddle.
16- I've broken up with every single guy I've ever dated ... even Eldon. But I actually went back to him, which was a first and only for me.
17- I used to have super curly hair and now I don't. I'm not sure why.
18- I despise poetry these days. It doesn't merit the word. It doesn't rhyme, or have any regular meter, or anything else I love about poetry except pretty words. I think it should be a new genre, like "Short Thoughts" ... like how Short Stories are distinguished from fiction because they are DIFFERENT from each other.
19- I don’t like peanut butter except with chocolate.
20- My favorite new hobby is cooking for my food-loving husband. :) It brings me great pride and satisfaction when he enjoys what I make for him.
21- I have chubby fingers, which have gotten worse during pregnancy. I don't think they will ever be thin, no matter how much weight I lose. :)
22- When I was three I told my dentist that he shouldn't drink coffee because Heavenly Father said so. He told me HIS heavenly father said it was okay.
23- My husband is my favorite part of my life. He's like balm to my heart. He can make me feel better no matter what I'm going through. I don't know what I'd do without him.
24- My siblings are my best friends.
25- I am just really happy, and I have a lot of good reasons to be. I'm more blessed than I even know how to say. And I'll spend my whole life thanking God for it.
love your list--your comments on life and motherhood are life affirming. glad you're happy.
ReplyDelete