Eldon wants Chiara to be born after March 5th, when his last midterm is over. I however, in my selfish desire to get my temple back, would LOVE for her to come right on schedule ... even a few days early. It's beautiful to be a vessel, but it's getting a little out of hand. I just made myself laugh out loud by following that pun where it led me. I'm huge. Eldon even told me the other night as I tried to cuddle with him that I'm "getting uncomfortable." He meant for him. :) We laughed as we tried to come up with metaphors for me ... a banana with a kiwi toothpicked to the front, a string bean with a tomato (not the cherry kind) strapped in the middle, a large snake in the process of digesting a young hippo (compliments of the animal planet episode on snakes we'd just watched) ... I'm not sure why that was such an amusing activity; I'd expect myself to cry over such comparisons. But really, it's getting to a point where I just have to be realistic: I look like a turtle with her big, akward shell on the front. But I'm going to be happy about it, grateful that I even AM pregnant and that we're expecting a child in the near future ... whichever month that may end up happening.
Here are the hopes I cling to in the meantime:
- Cocoa butter lotion will come through on its claims.
- Chiara will be a small, healthy child. Like 6 pounds. Little head. Good heart. That kind of thing.
- Eldon will suddenly be full of willingness and even desire to change poopy diapers.
- I'll be able to nurse and that:
- Breastfeeding will be the weight-loss champion for me that it's been for others.
P.S. When I initially wrote this I changed my background to a St. Patrick's Day-type theme. But that was too much for me. Baby steps. :)
There are good things about March. For instance, that month bosts having the first day of spring in it. And spring is especially cute for babies. :)
ReplyDeleteMarch is a great month for a baby! :) Isn't it wonderful to know though, that no matter when she comes, it's when the Lord feels is EXACTLY the right time for her to make her entrance? That thought gave me so much hope when I was getting close to my due date with Bree. Chiara will come when our Father sees perfectly fit-- what comfort! We're excited for you! You're so close. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteMy birthday is the day before St. Patricks day. I love having my birthday in March because there aren't too many people with March birthdays. I absolutely LOVE March...it wouldn't be a bad month to have her. I know you just want her out though. I can totally understand that. It is so exciting that you are so close. I have seven weeks left! I am close...but not as close as you! I am sure excited to see pictures of your little girl!
ReplyDeleteOh shelli, I KNOW how hard it is to wait those last few weeks... If your midwife had originally given you a due date of March 1st, would you still be trying for February? I have 3 family members with March birthdays- its not all bad:). It was WONDERFUL to see you for your baby shower! We MUST pow-wow again!
ReplyDelete