The summer before I turned 15 I was planning my crush's trip to California to see me. He'd been my first kiss that summer at YA camp and we couldn't wait to see each other again. Ah, immature love.
5 years ago?
Hmm...right before I turned 20 I was kind of dating a guy who was 7 years older than me. I was completely SMITTEN with him. After Eldon, he's probably the best guy I dated. Anyway, it was the beginning of my sophomore year at BYU, which was by FAR the worst of my experience. The one thing I got from that year that I would never trade is the experience of being wrongly judged. Rumors about me had been spread that year and I will never forget how it felt to have people thinking terrible things about me without giving me a chance to prove myself. Thanks to that terrible time I never judge anyone before I get to know them myself. Then I judge. :) But in my defense, we all have to judge a little bit.
5 Snacks I enjoy:
- Chips and Salsa (with cottage cheese)
- Sour Patch Kids
- Fruit!! (especially strawberries, raspberries, and cherries)
- Homemade Rolls (soft bread in general)
- Quesadillas (clearly I have no idea how to spell that)
5 Things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
- Buy a large home (I don't know where ... just with Eldon)
- Pay off my car
- Pay for Eldon's school (but if we didn't need money it probably wouldn't be pharmacy:))
- Get another car (like a Subaru Outback or a HUGE truck)
- Start some kind of great investment that will create money for all our posterity
- Have LOTS of kids and adopt LOTS more!
- Go back to Italy and buy/build nice chapels for the members there
- Give them a bunch more money just to help (is that against policy?)
- Take voice lessons from the best teacher willing to take my money
- Make large donations to several organizations I admire (mostly helping kids)
- Give my parents money to pay off their house and do all the remodelling Mom wants to do
- Hire a maid to clean so I can play with all my kids
- Travel with our families
- Do fun things the kids will always remember, but making sure they don't know we're rich
- Share millions with all our siblings
- Pay a TON of tithing and make HUGE fast offerings (it will be fun to fill up all those lines every time)
- Pray not to become prideful or lazy!
(I forgot about the "five" part of the question...let me make my 5 favorites bold)
5 of my bad habits:
- losing interest in project/goals before they're finished
- spending money when I'm stressed or unhappy
- procrastination (not in all things, just a few)
- forgetting to write in my journal
- being overly-critial of myself ... it's hard to be a perfectionist
5 places I've lived:
- Provo, Utah
- Concord, California
- Grizzo, Italy
- Rome, Italy
- Florence, Italy
- Pescara, Italy (this is a complete list of my whole life)
5 things people don't know about me:
- I love the smell of baby throw-up.
- I thought buffalo were extinct until I was 14 years old and saw one at Yellowstone. As I recall, my exact exclamation was, "Oh my gosh, do they KNOW about this??" Really.
- I hate peanut butter (unless it is in the form of a Reeces Cup or something)
- I have a muscle disorder that makes my muscles break themselves down periodically - which is why I've always been muscular. It would be great except that it's hugely painful. I can squat almost 300 pounds, and Eldon likes to feel my bicepts. :)
- I have a very high threshold for pain and want to have my first baby naturally.
I love blogs like this. I feel like I am getting to know you more Shelli through your entries. I don't really know you that well. I can't wait to be able to sit down and just hang out. We love you guys. Please, let us know your knew address when you get it! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteAh Shelli your blog is so so cute. I am so happy you and Eldon are so happy. We would LOVE to have you as part of our reading group I just need you to send me your email address so I can invite you. You can send it to mandy b voges at gmail dot com. Thanks :)
ReplyDelete