Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm sorry for the pessimism.

I just have to apologize to you all for the blatant pessimism that has prevailed during my last several posts. I find it's therapudic to vent on this lovely little invention, but in reality it's probably not the most pleasant thing for you to read or hear from us.

Therefore, I will attempt to keep the pessimism in check (clearly not completely abolished, because sometimes life stinketh ... there I went again) and write pleasant things for a while.

Wouldn't it be funny if the blog stopped there? Like little Thumper just keeping his not-nice words to himself. :) But I do have good things to report.

First of all, I'm married to Eldon Snyder, who is the humble owner and operator of the most gentle, good heart in all the land. I love being his wife. He's a patient man, I'll tell you that. :) And I adore him for it. It's our 6-month anniversary on Sunday and it makes me smile that I could write my plans for him right here on our blog and he'd still be surprised because he never reads these. :) I know what I'm getting already, and it's so darling because he was so nervous that it wouldn't be what I wanted that he made me preview it "hypothetically". He's the cutest thing.

Speaking of "hypothetically", let me tell you a story of how our very VERY sudden engagement happened: We had been talking about marriage for a week before I broke up with him. He was devastated, I was devastated, and it was a miserable time. I'd never once gone back to anyone I'd broken up with, and there have been a lot because I'm nearly 25 and most of my female peers have been out of the dating game for a lot longer than I. But this time I knew I'd made the wrong choice, and went to him asking for forgiveness which was a tender little moment in our history. One of my favorites, actually. So we were dating again, and if you've never done that before and you don't know this, let me tell you. You're way more serious the second go-around than the first. I don't know why, but that's how it happens. I knew very quickly he was the man I was going to marry, and I knew I was the second person in our relationship to know that. So, in an effort to ease his mind and assure him that I was on the same page, I started throwing out "hypotheticals". I'd say things like, "Hypothetically, I really like that wedding announcement." (That was my first one, Eldon says, that happened at Camilla's house while we were looking at their wedding album or something. He remembers it ... I don't. :)) Or "Hypothetically, I think ..." etc. Anyway, so to this day we throw out hypotheticals when we're hinting. It's great fun. I bet you didn't know that about us.

We're almost completely unpacked, which feels nice. If we had more time at home we'd be long done by now, but we only have a couple hours at night and that's not sufficient for our tired selves' needs. :) Not that I'm being pessimistic, because it's kind of an adventure to have a miserable schedule.

[Note, Eldon just found his pen that he'd misplaced and held it in front of him exclaiming, "That which was lost is now found!" I just thought I'd mention that. :) ]

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to Fall semester when we won't be sharing the car and I don't have to spend 12 hours a day at the office, but for now it's kind of fun to suffer. :) I'm totally being serious about that too, so if you read that in your minds with a really sarcastic tone read it again with a smiling one. It's not so bad. I'm Eldon's wife, so life is great!

The last thing I'm going to mention before exiting this one-sided conversation is that I started a new blog to accompany my Bible Sisters site and I'm really excited about it. I'm hoping that in six months I'll have significant traffic and I'll be able to make this profitable for us. It's so fun to have a job that teaches you new skills. I'm grateful for that. My mom says it's good for your brain too, so there you go. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love ya, Shells. Even if reading your blogs leaves weird lines on my vision once I leave it..... :) I'm glad things are good since you're Eldon's wife! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this layout better, Heath? :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!