Oh my goodness ... we are so funny to me. :) I don't even know where to start so I'm just going to take a breath and talk. Write.
I have a widow's peak that I pluck from my forhead roughly four times a week. You probably didn't know that unless you were immediate family, close roommate, or husband. :) It's true. The best thing I ever learned about my face was that part of it was removable. I actually remember the day I thought of it. I was plucking my eyebrows and as I finished I glanced up at the widow's peak I disliked so much, glanced at the tweezers in my hand, glanced at my own eye balls in the mirror, and went to town. Five minutes later I was a normal-foreheaded girl. :) Well, that was about four years ago, and it never quite satisfied me because the plucking left my forehead slightly raised in that area. It was almost like my widow area was irritated. Now, I recently discovered that shaving it was a much more effective plan. (I glanced at the razor in my hand, then at the widow's peak on my head ... you get the idea.) It takes four seconds in the morning, it doesn't hurt, and it doesn't leave the area I de-hair raised up or swollen. However, I got a little carried away with it last week and accidentally shaved off part of my bangs. I didn't think it was that noticable, and I didn't mention it. The area is probably about a 1/2 inch square. Eldon was looking at my face the other day (he likes it) and all of a sudden started looking at my forehead with a particular interest.
"Honey, did you SHAVE YOUR BANGS OFF?" he asked me. How can I respond?
"Um ... yeah." And then we both erupted into hysterical laughter - Eldon for how silly his wife is and me for how I'd thought I'd "get away with it" without anyone noticing. So the next time you see me, if you're in close proximity, take a look at my forehead to check up on my happy little tuft. :) It's quite adorable.
Funny story number two:
I've been very diligent about not eating sugar. Yesterday was not a good day but at 8:25pm, in the last 5 minutes of my shift, I received a message on my desk from a disguised cousin with a ransom note for my husband. I was on the phone with a client (because I don't know if you know this, but I'm an online consultant ... just kidding, Bruce.:)) and all I could do was keep my response purely facial and watch as David in a Santa hat and beard skuttled away from my cubicle and Craig waved at me from the hall. Anyway, it was a little immature for my taste :) but we had a fun night. The point of the story is that Eldon got gummi worms as a treat for me and I brought them to work with me this morning. I find that I can't eat very much sugar these days (due to the shocking decline in sweetness being consumed) and gave the rest of the bag to a co-worker.
"Did you eat all your gummies?" Eldon asked me in the car tonight.
"Oh, no, but I gave the rest to a _________." I responded.
(pause) Then a conversation began about how I ALWAYS give things away and how I'm too charitable (which, dear reader, is a joke and clearly NOT one of my problems).
"Well, Husband," I said in my snottiest voice. "I guess I'll just have to visit you in the Terrestrial Kingdom. I'll be upstairs with all the charitable candy-sharers."
"Yeah, 'OKAY' (said in my brother Kevin's voice that always meant sarcasm), I'll just be waiting ... with all the people you GAVE candy to."
That may not sound funny to you, Reader, but I laughed about that all the way to Wymount. What a funny man I married. We have a lot of fun. :)
Ah, Shells, I love you!
ReplyDelete