Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winner!

So, my husband and I enjoy friendly banter. He's pretty competitive in an I'd-much-rather-win-than-lose kind of way, while I have much more of an I-just-like-to-play-the-game approach. However, put the two of us together and he and I both REALLY want to win. :) It's funny how that works. I delight in beating him at games! It's so much more fun than beating anyone else ... just ask my family. Shauna and Dad especially. :) When Bryce came over to our house when Eldon and I were newly married his only object in whatever game we played was to "thwart" Eldon. :) What can we say, my husband is just a riot. We love the playful reactions we get from him - he's just the cutest thing.

That all being said, I'd like to announce that I creamed him at the basketball game at Chucky Cheese's. I'm not all that sporty, and nine times out of ten Eldon could probably kick my trash. That's why this victory was so sweet! :) I won't reveal the score, although maybe I should lest you get outlandish impressions, but it was bad. Eldon's older brother Paul had been watching and came over laughing his head off. "I don't even need to see the score, man, I know she whooped on you!" It was so funny.

I also beat him at phoose ball. How do you spell that? Foose Ball. Fuze Ball. I don't know. I don't care. I beat him soundly. I'd told him I was good but he didn't believe me - which is why it was so great when he couldn't keep up with my mad skill. :)

Also, over the break we played ping pong. He definitely beat me at that (and at our second game of Foose Ball, by the way) but I made him work for it. Actually, he pulled a leg muscle - he could tell you which one, but I'm an English major so what do I know? - going for one of my drives. :) He went down with a (very masculine) yelp and I tried not to giggle as I ran over and asked him if he were okay. :) That was where the game ended. So really, I might have won if I hadn't injured him. :) One can only speculate. Wish. :)

I just LOVE how much fun we always have. And despite the elated tone of this post I must be honest and tell you all that he usually does win at things. :) But not always! He's like the highly-ranked, highly-admired college football team and I'm the unranked we've-never-heard-of-you-team. But every now and then there's an upset, which makes the victory all the more glorious. :)

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...Whenever I beat Dad at something, I can hardly bear the elation that it brings...Because it's so very, very RARE of course. :) Aren't we lucky to have these adorable, fun men??? It makes for such a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of beating Eldon at any game...makes me just so happy on the inside. =] I love Eldon. And you of course, peshow Shelli!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Shelli! By the way, I'm pretty sure it's spelt "fussball". German word. Sorry, you probably don't care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl Keeps 'em humble, don't you think? 48 more days? How can that be? Time for a side view photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I stand corrected. Apparently it's "foosball". :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!