Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hiccups!

Our little darling had hiccups for the first time this morning. I woke up to little bumps, too regular and too long-lasting to be kicks. I couldn't feel them from the outside with my hand, but they were definitely going for a long time, poor baby. In a strange, irrational way it almost made me teary to feel her doing something new like that. She's really a little person in there! We're so excited to meet her ... I can hardly wait.

It seems surreal to me that in about six weeks I'm going to be a mommy. I've been waiting for this for so long that now that it's so close I just can't believe it. I was telling Camilla yesterday that I'm just thrilled that finally I'm going to be the one the baby is crying for - the mama. I've watched as other babies fuss and cry until their mommy picks them up and as soon as they're in her arms they're calmed. I can't wait to feel that. And I'm so grateful that I'm doing this with a husband I trust so much. He's going to be a fantastic daddy. I'm excited to watch him.

I watched "A Baby Story" on TLC the other day while I ate lunch and the lady on there was so hysterical during her labor that I almost threw up. Really. :) She refused the epidural and bellowed like a cow for hours. I'm never watching that show again.

Wow, I've digressed quite a bit. All I really intended to announce was the hiccup episode that I thought was so cute. It was fun to feel her do something new. I'm grateful that being pregnant is starting to be fun for me again. Now that I've adjusted to the new aches and pains it's easier to think of this time as a miracle rather than an irritant I'm going to do away with when I'm a goddess. :) I look at my huge belly in the mirror all the time ... it really is beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. A friend of mine from Texas came on my blog and saw your post about wearing the mumu to church and said she just had to read it. Her comment to me was something like what a lovely young woman~she would be so beautiful even in a gunny sack! She's right. Love that belly and everything that it holds in store for you and Eldon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...........That takes me right back to you, my darling girl! You had the hiccups quite frequently, and it was always so funny to me. :) That is a unique sensation, isn't it? Dad and I are beside ourselves with joy and excitment for your impending motherhood as well. We know you and Eldon are going to be the greatest parents a lucky little child could possibly ever have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brent and I watched that show once also. Just once. :) We thought the episode we saw prepared us for the worst, and it did. I'm glad I went in with expectations that it would be so bad, though, because that made it so nice when we were in the middle of it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!