

My darling friend and her husband took pictures of Eldon and me over the weekend. I'd mentioned that I wanted belly pictures, so we shot some over in Lehi. She put a few more on her blog and I'm anxious to see the rest. I'd asked her to use all her photography talent to make me look thin, but apparently she's not a miracle worker. :) Go figure! :) Anyway, click here to see a few more pictures of us if you want.
Thanks, Jenni!!
Can I just mention here, while you all look at the sacrifice it's been for my body to carry this child :), how excited I am about all this? So many things about being pregnant are hard, but all I can think about is how it's going to feel to finally hold the baby Heavenly Father chose to send to us - to our home, to our hearts. Now that I've satiated my need to make her blankets and other crafty things my focus has turned to preparing my own heart to receive her. Mine is going to be the responsibility to teach her everything I can about what the veil has taken away ... I need to learn everything I can learn about heaven, our heavenly parents, our purpose here, and the Atonement so I can arm her with all the knowledge I can. I love how the very first verse in the Book of Mormon defines a "goodly parent" as one who would teach their child in all their learning. But before we can teach we have to learn ... and that is the way I've been spending my time recently. I'm so grateful for the desire my own parents instilled in me to feast on the word, because I have decades of practice seeking truth. But nothing makes the hunger for light and knowledge more urgent than feeling someone else's dependence on you and on your own strength. My mission gave me a taste of what that feels like, but my goodness ... nothing has compelled me like potential Mommy-hood. :) I'm just so excited! And I know the Lord will help me. Oh, Chiara, how I adore you already ...
You re not allowed to make her aunt Bonnie cry like that with no warning!
ReplyDeleteIf there was EVER a more prepared Mommy, I don't know who it could possibly be. I am already thrilled for Chiara because she gets YOU, my darling, darling girl, to be her mother. You are one of the sweetest, most Christlike people I have ever known, Shell, and I know that you have been preparing for motherhood your entire life. You did a great job on your siblings, so you have all that practice, too! Dad and I just hope that little Chiara comes with those Shelli-like qualities that have been such a blessing for our entire family. We love you so much, sweetheart, and we already love our little Chiara as well.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you went and had some pictures taken! You will always be glad that you did...
See you SOON!!!!!!!!! Love you so,
Mom
You are so beautiful pregnant! I have no doubt in my heart that you will be a great mother and teach chiara everything she will need to know in life.. It is such a great feeling when you finally get to hold your daughter in your arms there arent any words to describe it. I cant wait for you to be able to experience the feeling!
ReplyDeleteWell said, I have and still do feel a lot of those same things. You have such a wonderful way of expressing your emotions, in such a strengthing and great way that helps me too, in reaching higher. If that isn't great for a future mommy, I don't know what is. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute bump it is too. You look great for how far along you are. I can't wait to see the pictures that your friend took. Those are always fun to have. I have never taken pregnant pictures of my stomach. It gets too big and gross. Good luck. We cant' wait to meet Chiara too.
ReplyDeleteI know I am not the first to say this, but you look simply radiant pregnant-- so beautiful, so happy. Cannot wait to hear your new mom stories-- you will be wonderful!
ReplyDelete