Sunday, January 11, 2009

I wore a mumu to church today.

So, I have exactly 2 mumus. I wear them around the house for a plethora of reasons, the most prominant of which is simply because they are SO comfortable. I've been searching for a long large/maternity skirt for WEEKS and I have been unsuccessful. So today I got desperate.

I wore my mumu to church.

Eldon was sitting on the couch reading the Joseph Smith lesson and I came over with a mumu in each hand.

"Which one is worse, Eldon?" I asked, holding them up.

"You're not serious." he replied, utterly aghast that I'd even consider wearing one outside our home.

"Yes, I am. Honey, I'm cold every week and I can't find a long skirt so I'm wearing one of these. So which one is worse, this one or this one?"

(pause)

"The red one. The red one is worse." he finally says.
"Okay." I said, and went back into the bedroom to put it on.
At that point I wasn't completely 100% on board with the idea, but once it was on and I was comfy it became difficult for me to want to change into my short skirt - that I'm always worried shows my knee highs in the back ... since, you know, I can't get my normal nylons to stay up over my belly. :)
So, I went to church like this, dear Reader, and I loved it. Two people even told me I looked cute, which made me laugh. One was a friend so I felt comfortable calling her on the lie. :) Turns out she actually meant it, but we laughed anyway. I love church. I love friends. I love my mumu. :)
Here's another side view, since Bonnie requested it of me!

6 comments:

  1. Shelli, you look adorable. No matter what you are always a beauty! Your beautiful sparkly eyes and your happy smile and your little belly are as cute as can be. We love you. I always loved being pregnant~people expect your belly to be out there and that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess, I have never worm a mumu to church or while being pregnant. My hat goes off to you for doing it. All I have to say is whatever makes you feel comfy is well worth it because at this stage most of us just don't care. I am so ready to not be pregnant either. You look great Shelli! You are so close too. We are so excited for you guys and to meet her. She is one lucky little girl to have you both for parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh Shelli, that's awesome you wore your mumu to church! you look cute in it! I can't believe your little Chiara will be here before you know it! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, my Shelli....you are truly the most beautiful little pregnant lady that I have ever, ever seen. Honestly, Dad and I looked at you and said, "Wow. She is just beautiful." Dad even said you look slim! So there! You really look amazing. And once again we had the conversation about how we hope Chiara is to your family what you have been to ours. There is no question that your love and influence on your siblings has been a huge part of why we all adore each other so much. So...if Dad and I could have our wish for you, it would be that you and Eldon could have your own precious version of YOU. Gosh, we just love you so much! And I admit that I got a little lump in my throat when I saw your little baby bump just growing away...it was a lump of joy and a lump of sadness at the same time. I wish I could be right there with you to experience all this with you first hand. I will see you soon, though, and I just can't wait. Sure glad you are my precious, beloved daughter--you are such a blessing to our family, Shell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look darling! I couldn't even tell it was a mumu. Most mumu's I think of have hideous fluffy sleeves. This one is as classy as a mumu can be.

    And you know me, I would NOT lie to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are so darling!! Look at your belly!! =] You look really good, Shell. Wow. I can't believe you have less than 7 weeks left. That's amazing! Oh man...the mumu. That's hilarious! I'm so proud of you. =]

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!