Monday, July 21, 2008

The sink is stinky!!

So, sometimes out neighbors like to use their garbage disposals. Fine. We like ours too. :) The only bad thing is that sometimes their gunk comes splurting forth from our sink drains. I'm serious. And as Eldon would say, "And what do you put down the garbage disposal? That's right, GARBAGE!!" So, we find their nasty garbage in its pureed state in our sink. I'm not the biggest fan of that, and I am patient in my affliction enough to just rinse it down with relative calm. However, this morning I could tell they had eaten eggs for breakfast. Eggs. And that put me over the edge. If I can start actually identifying the filth we have a serious problem. Oh don't worry, I've called maintenance about it. More than once. So I have a glimmer of hope left that something will eventually be done. But until then I just pour bleach down the drain and leave it to do its work and make the egg smell go away. This is just not okay.

Oh, and Eldon and I interviewed for the Community Aid Couple position here at Wymount (but we're not home enough to give the community enough reasonable availability) and the guy we spoke with ranted about Wymount and how the 60-year-old buildings look so great and the lawns are so nice, and the amenities are at the appropriate level of lowness. He talked about how young couples don't need luxuries and they should be grateful for the widow's mite that subsidizes the rent. Okay, I have a BIG problem with that. How much more than $600 could it POSSIBLY cost to live in an apartment like this? No A/C, no dishwasher, no washer and dryer, CINDER BLOCK walls, chipped cabinets and doors, and bad lighting? Honestly. Widow's mite my foot. I'd be shocked and appalled to discover that tithing had anything to do with this establishment. (Don't forget the smell of our neighbors' eggs. Is that fresh in your mind? Good. It's fresh in mine.) For the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!