Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oh, the Laughter...

So, Eldon and I are very very happy. Not because things are especially easy or ideal, but just because we're married to each other and it's fun that way. :)

Last night after work I brought home pizza and chocolate milk and we watched Narnia on my laptop while we cuddled on the couch. It was so nice to just relax and spend time together - especially now that we have an air conditioner and it's not too hot to snuggle. :) Eldon laughed at me because during one of the war scenes he told me that he has a friend who makes his own chain mail and I turned to him, totally confused, and asked, "Like, 'Send this letter to three people or terrible things are going to happen to you'?" If you know him you can probably picture him doing that big, wide-mouthed kind of laugh of his while he slaps his leg and shakes his head. He did that at me. I think it's so adorable. :) I guess chain mail is a kind or armor ... Who knew? Probably everyone but me. That led to a conversation about the kind of books we read and while both of us enjoy certain elements of fantasy fiction, we decided his must have been more warlike while mine were mythical and unicornish. :)



This morning he was being silly and teasing me while we ate leftover potatos for breakfast. It's the end of the month and we're running humorously low on food. :) Not that we can't just go grocery shopping, but it's kind of like a new game (that I have certainly never played before) to see if you can actually last the month on what you decided to buy at the beginning of it. Minus produce, of course. Oh, and last night's pizza. Anyway, I'd had a terrible dream about him last night and he'd made me so angry in the course of that dream that this morning Eldon was teasing me that I was bringing my (unfounded) anger into reality when it didn't belong here. :) Even in his prayer over breakfast he professed gratitude that my dream was over! And maybe I was being a little irritated, I don't know, but we laughed about it as he kissed me goodbye and went to school. He's such a darling man.


Up until two weeks ago Eldon was set on being a pharmacist. But he's doing a pharm tech program right now and hates it. Good to know now rather than a year into pharmacy school! So now we're looking at the MCAT and he's taking practice tests all the time and scurrying to be ready when he's been preparing for the PCAT all summer. If anyone has career ideas we'd love to hear about them. :) He's struggling under the weight of being newly undecided about what he wants to do with our post-school lives. Poor thing. That's a lot of responsibility to bear. But he's doing well, I'm doing well, and we're just having so much fun taking things a day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Shelli, you are so much fun when you write. I just love reading and it makes sense and I can picture it all so clearly. I am glad that you can snuggle with the new AC unit. Hurray for those!
    Hope Eldon finds what he is looking for. We sure love you both! Make it a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!