Monday, April 12, 2010

Where we'll spend eternity

Eldon and I were talking about our lives before each other on the way home from stake choir practice Saturday morning. I was expressing concern that someday we might have to deal with things like Chiara not getting asked to prom, and Eldon was trying not to smile as he reminded me that's like 16 years away so we might not have to worry about it at present.

Okay, so ... he might be right about that.

But then we started reminiscing (can you reminisce about unpleasant things, or does it then become a whole different verb?) about our own dating experiences from our single days, and we had the following exchange:


E: "Well, you went out with ___(insert less-than-pleasant memory here)____ remember that?"

S: "Oh, yeah! I'm going straight to the celestial kingdom for that."

E: "Let's bust out the champagne then, since we're going there no matter what." (mocking tone)

S: "Not WE, Honey, I am going straight to the celestial kingdom ... you still have to earn it."

E: "Oh, that's right. You were the victim of terrible dating, and I put girls through that."

S: Hysterical laughter.

How did we end up together .... I just don't know. It's so hilarious to me how different we are, but it's a fun fun journey. Sometimes I wake up after a dream when we're not married and I could just weep for joy at the reality of the sleeping man beside me. I fall more and more in love with Eldon every single day. Compared to how much I love him now I barely even liked him when I married him. Gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!