Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good morning to you too!

This morning I woke up, got breakfast and packed a lunch for Eldon, fed Chiara, and made a list of all the things I needed to do. First on the list was cleaning the bathroom. I put Chiara in her playpen with some toys -- without turning on the TV because Eldon doesn't like her to watch it as a "crutch" (and I know he's right, but it doesn't make it easy to keep her content while I get things done around the house) -- and got to work. I was just finishing up the sink area when Mom came down the hall. Keep in mind that I hadn't seen her yet this morning. She poked her head around the corner, looked at me, then turned without a word and checked the room across the hall. "There's our girl!!" she said, cooing and fussing over the baby. I just stood there, wet rag in one hand, cleanser in the other, and yelled, "Good morning to you too!"

The look on her face was priceless as she ran back to me. "I'm sorry, Shell!" she said, hugging me while we both laughed. Nothing like that chopped liver feeling to keep you company whilst cleaning the bathroom. :) But I understand. Chiara is rather irresistible. :)

Oh, and I should also mention that she'd been ironing before she came out of her room and it was only 7:30am ... So don't imagine it's like 10:00am and she's stumbling groggily down the hall. I'd get in trouble for that. :)

2 comments:

  1. You'd get in trouble for that.....because the hall-stumbling, daughter-ignoring mother is also a tyrant....WELL!
    HA HA HA HA HA! Gosh I laughed when I read this! Not only because of the fact that it was so unacceptably funny, but the way you write things up is just priceless. I'm so thankful for your many talents and how they bless my life with JOY!!! Love you, my precious girl!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!