Monday, March 15, 2010

Today with the lamb

I put her hair in pigtails for the first time today. REAL ones, as in, every hair on her head was in a hair tie. She doesn't seem old enough for that to me ... It made her look like she's four years old. Bittersweet.

I love every new stage she comes to, but I will miss these days of 6.5-toothy grins, excessive babble, and clapping on command. She's just the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Yes, she's holding a lamb. :) And she was a little unsure about stepping away from her handhold.
She lays her head down for 3-second intervals on almost any surface. Usually soft ones, like pillows and stuffed animals, but when she does it on the coffee table (true story) she's ready for a nap. :)
I love her profile. My heck.

Today we watched Sesame Street in the morning while Mommy did her cross-stitch. :) We played with blocks, read books, practiced "walking" and explored cabinets too. She loves nothing more than an open cupboard to pull things out of. Too bad I can't bring one to church with us! Also, I can never get her to look at the camera for pictures. It's so unfortunate, because she can look in your eyes with a smile that will melt your entire world. :) I'd love to catch it on film.

We love bathtime! Actually, we love that she loves bathtime. It's the best hour of the day because she squeals in delight the entire time.

1 comment:

  1. She looks more and more like you every day Shell. She is so stinkin' cute! And those pigtails do make her look very grown up. Not too grown up though!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!