We had Chiara's 4-month appointment yesterday. Her measurements are:Weight: 13 lbs 10 oz. (50th %)
Height: 23.75 cm (25th %)
Head Circumference: 42.5 cm (75th %)
So she's still a shrimp, but who expected anything different? I'm not too helpful with my 5-foot genes. :) The doctor said Chiara is ahead of her age-group as far as her cognitive development goes, and she's strong as can be. Her hand-eye coordination is getting better by the minute. I actually can't read a book while I nurse anymore because she'll grab my book instead of eat. And I have to turn off the music sometimes too because she'll turn her head toward the sound. My friend Mary gave us a Baby Einstein CD and Chiara LOVES it. Thanks, Mare! Also we love cold teething rings, plastic rainbow-colored keys, and anything Mommy and Daddy are holding. I just love being a mom!! I don't love having to work the graveyard shift, but it's SO worth not missing any of her darling daytime discoveries. We're absolutely crazy about her. It makes all the difficulty in getting her here worth every second. And who knows, she may even get siblings someday. :)
P.S. If you haven't read the previous post please do. So far I have the most votes, but I really want to keep it that way. :) Thanks!!!
I voted for you!! Hope you win!
ReplyDeleteIsn't being a mommy the best?! I can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would want to leave these darling babies during the daytime to go work. They miss out on slobbery kisses, sticky hands, new discoveries, and yes, vomit-y play time. :) Give Chiara a big hug and kiss from Aunt Jaclyn and cousin Breelynn!
I love being a mom too! It is by far the greatest calling ever. She is getting so big. I love that she pucked all over you. She must really love her mommy. I am glad that you get to stay home during the day to see the major things that are happening in her life. What a fun stage. She weighs just the same as Owen and they are almost 2 months different. How funny! I love reading about what is going on. You have such a great way of writing and describing things. I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love that you documented the spit up on your face!!! Haha!! I hope you didn't have to search too long for your camera :) You two are so cute!
ReplyDeleteChiara looks just a little bit more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed than you do Shell. It's almost as if she gets to sleep between the hours of 10 p.m. and 3 a.m., 5 nights a week. :) As Great-Gma Lowder always says, "Lucky you're tough." Hang in there, and keep enjoying the journey . . . and sharing the pictures of the journey with us. :)
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo
Oh yay!! I'm so glad Chiara loves my cd! I knew it would be a good gift for your child because it involves music. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. . .
ReplyDelete