Then we went to the mall to grab a few things Camilla needed, namely Christmas sheet music. She's becoming quite the proficient at the piano. I'm proud of her. I, however, am on the downward slope and will probably continue in that direction until Eldon and I get a piano at some future day when our apartment isn't the size of a large closet. :) My little talent - meager as it was - is threatening to be covered in dirt and all manner of foulness and I know I'm going to lose it if I don't do something soon. I just don't know. Maybe Chiara and I will hang out at Camilla's house while Daddy's at school. Probably. Then, Camilla, your whole house can smell like baby. I wish there were a candle of baby smell. I'd be their #1 customer.
Anyway, after the mall we decided that a traditional Taco Bell run was in order and we made the plan to grab some food and then eat it at her place while we watched a movie before she had to go to work. So we're at the drive-thru and we have a surprising number of responses to the speaker's question, "Anything else?" "Why yes, actually ... " It got kind of ridiculous. How do two young girls (that's a bit of a euphamism) spend $10 at Taco Bell? Oh, it's easy, you just keep ordering stuff! So after he tells us the total I started driving to the window to pay. I started jokingly talking to the person who had taken our order, as if she could hear me. "What do you mean is this food just for us? No, we uh, have lots of roommates and we're bringing this back for them. Actually, the two of us aren't going to be eating any of it, we're just delivering it to the needy ... " etc. etc. I'm so funny sometimes, and in that moment we were dying laughing. Which, for Camilla, was a little tragic because she'd just taken a HUGE drink of her large and spacious gallon-sized bottle and started choking on it. I had just turned over to her, slightly repentant of my commentary, when she opened the passenger door and spit out all the water she'd been gagging on ... which of course made us laugh even harder. We are two very, very classy individuals. I wonder what the people behind us were thinking. Who cares?Anyway, the moral of the story is that everyone should have a friends who they can be silly with and not worry that their friend's love or respect will diminish in any way. :) I love you, Camilla!
P.S. Favorite quote from the movie we watched: (pregnant friend speaking to non-pregnant friend) "Whatever ... I'm a sacred vessel - all you have in YOUR stomach is Taco Bell!" Needless to say we laughed about that through our mouthfuls of taco and nacho deliciousness. :) True!!
i had the Bell of Taco today as well, but my experience at the drive thru was most definitely not that entertaining.
ReplyDeleteI must say, this was a first for me. There's hope though, Liz. :)
ReplyDeleteYum! Taco Bell sounds delish right now...and I just had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, so go figure.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I was afraid that you were going to say that Camilla spewed her water onto her newly purchased Christmas music, so I was actually quite relieved to hear that she actually managed to get it out the door instead. :) Good for her! You are a funny, silly little woman and no one should ever ingest fluids while you are on a roll....or have you already forgotten the 'gas station' incident???? "Let's just do everything YOU want to do..." That will always and forever be a cherished memory for me!
Love you so,
Mom
Taco bell, cookies and bread, this is a good precursor to our upcoming week. I just went grocery shopping for you and I hope I got all the right things. What are your favorite foods? We are so happy to have you for Christmas. Of course Christmas starts when you get here. (It's snowing, you may have to go through Las Vegas- check the weather) It's been rainy here but not very cold. I wish your Mom could come for your shower here. Connie, this is your invite. That would be so fun. Oh, anticipation is so great isn't it. We love you and can't wait to see you. Love, the other mother, mother-in-love (I don't deserve the mother-in-law title)
ReplyDeleteNow there's a moment I wish I could have witnessed!
ReplyDelete