Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Eldon and I had such a nice one-year anniversary. We just got in the car and spent some time walking and talking together. It was so fun for me to hear the stories he'd tell me about growing up and the memories he had of certain places and people in his home town. I can't believe we've been married for a whole year. In so many ways it feels like we've only been together for five minutes, but then you realize that it's hard to remember what it was like NOT to be married, so it must be longer than that. Oh, and the huge bump on my belly makes quite a noticeable time-line as well. :) We're just happy. It feels like every season we get to is the best one so far. I hope it continues that way forever. Even hard moments, days, weeks, have their own sacred kind of beauty and joy. I love him and I can't wait for our next adventures together!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I would like to share my favorite piece of advice from Pres. Rhien with you. I asked him in interviews if marriage is really as hard as everyone makes out. He told me, "Marriage is a piece of cake". I really believe that when you marry the right person (as you obviously did) that it is a piece of cake. Being able to face all the hard stuff together makes it a wonderful adventure, instead of a huge stress. I know you will have a wonderful second year, and little Chiara will only make it better! TVB!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!