Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This was our first Christmas together and we just loved it. We drove to Arizona on December 18th (to be at the airport when John, Eldon's brother, got home from his mission in Brazil) and stayed until January 2nd. :) Long vacation! We didn't have anything to come back for, so we just stayed and stayed. It was a little strange for me - being away from my own parents and siblings for the holidays - but the Snyders made me feel loved and welcome. I couldn't have had a better holiday than the one they gave me. Eldon's mom was especially kind. I can't even count the number of times she asked me if I were comfortable and what I needed or wanted. What a sweetheart! It was the closest I've ever felt to having my own mom with me when she wasn't.

For the first week of our vacation Melissa was there too, a sister-in-law who is also pregnant. But after she left I was the designated queen and everything was done to make me comfortable. I would have been totally embarrassed by all that attention had they not been so sincere and funny about it. If I was hot the fans went on. :) If I found a place on the couch that didn't hurt my back, the table (where we were playing games) was moved so I didn't have to get up. :) It was hilarious. I just love them.

And after having spent so much time with them I feel like they're my family too, and not just Eldon's. It's a good feeling. That was probably my favorite Christmas surprise of the whole holiday. I can't wait until the next time we're all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!