Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Eldon!!

A quick picture outside our front door. I'm hoping to get some good pictures of the two of us while my mom is in town this next week. The fall colors are irresistable to me!! Moving on...


It was my darling's birthday yesterday ... He opened presents to the smell of hot pancakes (with chocolate chips) in the morning, studied on campus all afternoon (not his favorite thing), and then when he got home we read for a little while before going to Cafe Rio and "Aida" at the Hale Theatre. It was so fun!! I bought the tickets a month ago and we were right in the second row ... very cool. And while we both discussed the oft times less than stellar vocal capacities of a few of the cast members we enjoyed ourselves.

Oh! But we got there 30 minutes before we could go in so I said, "Let's go to Kmart across the street and look at baby things for a few minutes while we wait." That was an experience. I had to use their restroom (of course) and felt I needed to disinfect my entire self afterward ... I didn't even want to breathe in there. Sheesh. Then all the baby stuff was ugly and we ended up laughing and threatening each other to dress our child in this outfit or that one ... It was funny. There was a little onsie that said, "Grandma Bait" which made us laugh, and then when we found the one that said, "Who needs Santa? I have Grandpa!" we liked that one even better. But the thing that made me laugh most was Eldon's reaction to some of the toddler clothing for girls. He's convinced that people are dressing their daughters like little mini tramps and they need to stop. :) Do 2-year-olds need little black leather mini skirts? I think not. Anyway, it was a good day and we loved spending so much of it together. Fridays are great because he doesn't have classes (just one TA thing at 9:00am) and I don't work! Yahoo!!

Then this morning we went to breakfast with Bryce and Haley at Kneaders which was yummy. It was great to sit and just laugh and chat with them for an hour and a half before Haley and Eldon both had meetings to go to. We took a few pictures in the parking lot. I'm including the belly shot here because I know people are dying of curiosity to see my bump. Chiara's getting to be quite a good kicker. When I use my tummy as a book rest while I read she will try to kick the book off every single time without fail. It's funny. Sometimes the kicks are so hard I honest-to-goodness think I can see my book jump a little. She cracks me up. I can't wait to hold her.

This past Sunday we got together with Eldon's siblings and their families for his birthday, which was also fun. Sharlene made an awesome cake and we all chatted for a long time. Gosh I love them. I think part of the reason I knew I could marry Eldon was that I loved his siblings so much. What great people they are! I'm really starting to feel like they're my brothers and sisters too now.

P.S. I got him those pants and that jacket for his birthday, and the book he'd mentioned he wanted to read, Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Oh, and a toy lightsaber I found on Amazon in the kids' department. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!