Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let me show you what I'm doing right now:

(well, technically this happened three minutes ago, but I had to share)

I'm sitting on the couch ... baby is sleeping, husband is showering ... I have a plate of snap peas and peach slices*  in one hand, my book Eat Pray Love** in the other ... Sara Evans is blaring from Melissa's stereo singing something that sounds playfully happy ... endorphins from my workout*** are coursing through my freshly showered body ... and it hits me what a glorious, glorious moment this is. That's all.

Oh, and my child is darling.

And my husband is the sweetest man on the planet (probably not true, but all that matters is that I think it's possible).

I have such a great life.

*(the best peach of my entire life ... room temperature and softly ripe)
** (yes, I've been reading it pretty much non-stop for the last month or so ... I just keep starting over because I love it so much)
*** (I lost three pounds this week. Ooh ooooooh!)

Picture just for fun, Chiara holding her cousin Brantley. She's patting his shoulder in this picture, and watching television. It's bedtime and they're both exhausted. Chiara is in LOVE with him. She'll be such a good big sister when we have another child ... in the millennium. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the loud music. I am sure it was not very appropriate but I was cleaning and that is what keeps me going.
    I am glad you have good moments like that.
    Horray for the weight loss! Keep it up and you are going to be one really skinny momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Shell! I know it makes you happy, and I'm happy when you are happy. That's just the way we moms work...right? :) Please call me sometime! I miss you terribly!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!