The day beforehand was the worst, though, because Eldon and I packed up, loaded, and cleaned our entire apartment 90% just the two of us. Yes, I carried couches and bookshelves and desks (etc) because I'm so, so buff. I cried a couple times, but mostly just because I was still so tired from my shift the night before. Eldon was amazing, and by the end of the night we were so grateful to be done. My dad flew in that night so he could help drive the truck the next day (and by help I mean drive the truck the whole time by himself so I could stay in the backseat of the car attending to Chiara). The pass was so snowy and awful coming back that we actually stayed in Circus Circus overnight and drove the rest of the way the next day. SUCH a good plan, because it lessened the stress and gave Chiara a break from the car. She was a little angel traveler, though.
We took this picture of ourselves in the hotel lobby.
I know, wow. I don't want to talk about it. :)
The important thing is that we got home safe. The next day we unloaded all our stuff -- having a child increases your "stuff" by about 200% -- and took the truck back. Eldon followed me in the car (I wanted to drive the truck because I'm classy and feminine) and I lost him because, according to Eldon, I was driving "like a bat out of ... somewhere." What can I say? Yes, I took pictures:
Eldon and I will never, ever do that again Holiday moves are too hectic. But thanks to my dad we pulled it off. Yay for Dad!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!