Tuesday, December 8, 2009

No one told me! (revised with Eldon's input)

There is a typo in my header, and I've been staring at it helplessly from my desk at work. I can't believe no one told me about that. Yes I can. You probably didn't notice. Or if you did it wasn't a big deal to you. Congratulations, you're all normal.

"Oooh, I can't stand people ... " :)

I had the BEST day today - other than the typo realization. I cleaned, I made dinner, I did the dishes after dinner, I fed Chiara solids - carrots, yum! - like a responsible mother, I showered, I put on jeans (I know ... woah), I did laundry, I gave the FHE lesson, I did a little reading, and now I'm about to go home from work. Life is good. And Eldon, my analytical, scientifically-minded husband, commented before I left for work tonight that I seemed happy today.

"How can you tell I was happier today, Honey?" I asked him.
"You cleaned and cooked." he answered - hesitantly, because he knows what's good for him.
"What do you mean I cleaned and cooked?" In hindsight, not the most articulate, effective question.
"You know, you usually only clean and cook when you're happy."
I pause here, because the wheels in my head are spinning too fast to speak yet.
"So," I begin, "You're telling me that that's why it's so important to you that I cook and clean? Because it's evidence to you that I'm happy?"
"Well, yeah, Shell."
Another pause.
"I never would have thought you'd pick up on that."
"Give me enough observations and even I will pick up on emotional things." he replied, laughing.
"Hmm." ... was all I could come up with in the moment.

I never knew. Communication does wonders. What a darling man I married. Eldon are you reading this? I'm so in love with you!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shelli,

    I am catching up to you through Bonnie. Chiara is so cute! I was scrolling down through a few of your posts and I recognized the stuff on you table, looks like scrapbook stuff. We all have that in our homes, don't we? Hope you have a great Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you throw your conversations out there for all of us to enjoy....You make yourself sound meaner than you really are in real life, but I know you are going for the laugh. That's what we do, right?! :) Love you so much, you darling girl! You are such a wonderful wife and mother, and I'm glad you cook and clean when you're happy....that is better than a lot of the alternatives, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the cutest family! I, personally, did not see the typo. Shows how observant I am. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We actually haven't started med school yet. We put it off for a year so we could concentrate on making some money. We have been traveling while Jon is still working for Pinnacle selling security systems. We are here in Utah while we wait to go on our trip and will be here for a little while after it. After that we will continue to work until med school starts in August. We can't wait!! Has Eldon heard back from any schools yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I digitally scrapbook and I LOVE it! I don't have to spread all my scraps, glue, embellishments, papers, etc all over the place with a two year old rifling through them, and personally I think it is less expensive than traditional scrapbooking. It all depends on where you print your books and what kind of coupons you use. You can find tons of digital papers and embellishments online for free.

    I'm not a pro yet-- I've been working with a VERY old version of photoshop that really couldn't do a lot. But I look forward to learning more and becoming better with my new photoshop program.

    Are you interested in starting digital scrapbooking? I'm more than willing to share with you what I know (however limited)... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was the typo!? I'm totally curious because usually I catch those. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The typo was the missing space between the R in mother and the little star thing ... Oh, and Macsen, I think you need to start blogging too. I'd LOVE to read what you wrote about! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!