So on Sunday my cousin Kristen (who is darling and fabulous and amazing, etc) took some faux pictures of me for my mom and grandma. :) She graduated at the same time (yes, she's like three years younger than me ... shush) so I donned her robes and tried to look like it wasn't totally old news that I graduated from college. :) Because my grandma reads my blog, and my mom will get the pictures the fastest this way, I'll post some here while I'm getting hard copies sent to them.
The obligatory solo shot. Let's get that over with first.
My face: "I hope she's smiling." Chiara's face: "I hate this."
See the symbolism here? Huh, huh?
Chiara was not a fan of this activity and needed a little reassuring. Poor babe.
There you have it. And despite the fact that my otherwise-darling husband teases me that English is a fake major and that they should do away with it, I am quite pleased with my choice. There are few majors you can admit to and receive such a high assumption rate as English. People think I must be able to do one or more of any of the following things:- correct any sentence, citing references to grammar or vocabulary usage authorities
- edit any paper
- define any word
- spell any word
- recall every book ever written
- read every book ever written
- write a rockin' document of endless variety





Oh...this is Connie at Bell-Carter!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
You absolutely deserve your moment in the spot light for completing your degree!! So congratulations to you on such a huge accomplishment!! I should spell something wrong here just to see if you catch it..you little English Major!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Shell!! Not on the graduation. I already congratulated you on that a long time ago. I'm saying "Way to go" because having taken these pictures, you now have one less annoying little monkey on your back nagging you. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd just for the record, I think English is a rockin' major. You'll always use it, and your children will benefit from it.
xoxoxo
English majors rule the world!!!! :) Okay, I'll calm down...and why is Dad referring to me as a little monkey on your back???? You know I MUST have the graduation pictures, and I cannot possibly thank you enough for taking them... Someday you will add that to your long list of things that I made you do and now you're happy about it. Cute pictures, my darling little GRADUATE!!!! Yay, yay, yay for Kristen!!!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say how funny that post was, by the way. Your major is the 'twinky' of majors was the cherry on top!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a literary genius--the BEST kind--the FUNNY kind!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that one next to the hedges and trees. SUCH a cute family photo!
ReplyDeleteYou need to send this post to Garrison Kiellor (sp). He's always making fun of English majors. Eat that, Lake Wobegone!
ReplyDeleteI like Garrison too much. I don't think all the poetry he likes is that great, but I'm surprised he wasn't an English major himself! Maybe he was ... I like to poke fun at my own peeps sometimes too.
ReplyDeleteHorrayyyyyyyyyyyy for Shelli! I am so happy that you are done. English majors, well I didn't know much about them until I started reading your blog. I love reading your posts. They make me laugh. You could seriously be an editor or some amazing paper and draw in the crowd by the thousands. I would be one of them for sure. I love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute fam!!
ReplyDelete