Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chiara (What else do I ever write about?)


We took Chiara to the full three hours of church this week and she did so well! Eldon might disagree with me because she got fussy during Sunday School, but I think she was a trooper for her first week at church. I get cranky during second hour too sometimes. :)

After church we went to a cousins' dinner with Eldon's family. It was so fun to see everyone. There were two other babies there too and between the three of them I think they provided all the entertainment. This season of our lives is just so fun!

Eldon's MCAT is Friday morning, so once that's over the stress level in our home will decrease significantly. It's not uncommon to see Eldon sitting on the couch holding Chiara in one hand and his MCAT practice manual in the other. I wish I could take some of that burden away, but all I can do is kiss him and make sure I cook him yummy dinners. :)

There's not too much else going on, but we're happy and healthy. My mom visited for a few days last week which was wonderful. Gosh I adore that woman. Then my dad is coming into town this weekend to golf with his brothers. :) I can't wait for him to see Chiara. When my mom came into our apartment and saw her for the first time since she was born she literally dropped all her stuff on the floor and squealed with delight. It was one of the most endearing things I'd ever seen her do. :)

1 comment:

  1. You can clearly see that Chiara was overwhelmed with love for me right off the bat....or maybe she was thinking, "Who IS this crazy woman?!"

    Thanks for the wonderful visit, Shell. I will always treasure those special moments with your sweet little family. You guys are just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!