Oh, my precious "treasure" girl. You are so eager to learn and do all the things I do. This morning I was reading my scriptures on the couch, going over notes from the General Relief Society broadcast, and I heard you open your door. 6:37am. (At least it's not 5:30 anymore ... you're sleeping in. :))
You came running over to me, wearing that sweet, delighted smile you save only for this time of day, and after you hugged me you asked, "Hey, what are you doing over here?"
Me: "I'm reading my scrippers." (Yes, I call them that because she calls them that, and I'd hate to be the reason she stops calling them that.)
Chiara: "Your scrippers?"
Me: "Yeah, is that so great?"
Chiara: "But why are you drawing?"
Me: "Oh, I'm coloring the words I like."
Chiara: "Oh, don't worry, I can do it too." (reaching for the marker)
Me: "Um, that's not a good idea. These are just for Mommy to color in. But it's okay if you color in your scrippers. Should we go get them?"
Chiara: "(GASP) Oh, I'm so exciting!"
So we snuck into her room where Noelle was still sleeping, grabbed her little blue Book of Mormon, and snuck back out. I grabbed her some kid-friendly highlighters (the gel kind ... they're fantastic) and we went back to the couch.
Me: "Look, Honey, see how you can mark in a line over the words?"
Chiara: "It's okay, I can do it." (That's how she says "Back off!")
Me: "Oh, you did it, Love! What's that word you colored?"
Chiara: "I don't know."
Me: "It says 'Nephi'! What do we know about Nephi?"
Chiara: "He wants me to be baptized."
Me: "Yes, he does, Honey, you're right. (chuckling) Who else wants you to be baptized?"
Chiara: "Um ... Alma aaaaaaaaand Binadi!" (That's Abinadi, by the way,)
Me: "You're right! And does Heavenly Father want you to be baptized?"
Chiara: "(GASP) My Father??"
Me: "Yes."
Chiara: "He loves me. He needs me, Mom."
Me: "He does, Sweetheart, you're so right."
Chiara: "He's so sad because I'm so far away."
Me: "Why is He sad?"
Chiara: "Because He wants me to come back, but I'm so far."
Me: "Oh, Sweetheart ... I love you. You know all the things, don't you?"
Chiara: "Yes I do."
I just want you to know, my girl, that when you were little you came with a testimony of God's love and affection unlike anything I've ever seen. You told us Heavenly Father needed you before we ever taught you that. You are so convinced that He is there and that you have His loving attention. If you ever lose your way, my girl, I want you to remember you came to our home knowing these things. I have faith you'll never truly forget. I love you so so much. And you're right ... so does He.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!