Oh, my goodness, when Eldon and I heard the Rome Temple announced we just held each other and cried. How grateful we are when we think of all the beautiful Italian families and individuals who are rejoicing and will rejoice because this great blessing that has come to them. When I entered the mission the first day they took us to the olive orchard the Rome Stake considered "Future Temple Grounds" and they let us wander the land and silently make promises to the Lord about our service in the upcoming years. I loved those minutes, and remember with clarity my feelings of hope and the fleeting understanding I glimpsed of the magnitude of the impact the choices of individual souls have on their fellow men. I took pictures that afternoon, and when I download them I'll be sure to include them here.
That is sooo neat guys! When we heard about that I thought of you both instantly. What a huge blessing that is to the members and the people of Italy.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, kids! When they announced a temple in ROME, ITALY, I turned to Dad and said, "I can only imagine how Eldon and Shelli are feeling at this moment!" And then when I saw your picture, it was exactly as I imagined it. :) Bless your hearts. What a wonderful moment for you both--and for Dad. I'm so happy!!!!!!! I love you with all my heart.
ReplyDeleteI actually told Haley that you'd be crying, Shell. But I felt like I'd come to love the Italian people because of your letters about them, so I was a little choked up myself. I know, shocker. :) Yay, temple for the Italians!!
ReplyDeleteI thought of you when the announcement was read. Congratulations, guys. Love to you!
ReplyDelete