I've been sick for almost two weeks with a terrible cold/flu thing ... But I'd thought Eldon had avoided getting it, until I got home from Reno to find his voice an octave lower than usual and his eyes red from lack of sleep. Poor thing. I just hate to see him like that! I hover around him like a little bee, busily cooking chicken noodle soup, rubbing his back, or just staring at him. :) I can't stand it! All my love and devotion come to the surface and I struggle to focus on anything but him and his obvious discomfort. It's kind of fun, in a way, to feel myself love him so much. My goodness, it's overwhelming! I knew I loved him, of course, but seeing him vulnerable like this and wanting so desperately to help makes me realize that I practically worship the ground he walks on. It's nigh unto idolatry. I'm serious. :) It hurts his throat so badly to talk that he doesn't say too much, and the one-syllable comments/answers he offers me are insufficient for my chatty needs. I just try to ask yes/no questions and let him rest. Though selfishly I'm quite ready to have my normal, playful husband back! :)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sick Husband!
I've been sick for almost two weeks with a terrible cold/flu thing ... But I'd thought Eldon had avoided getting it, until I got home from Reno to find his voice an octave lower than usual and his eyes red from lack of sleep. Poor thing. I just hate to see him like that! I hover around him like a little bee, busily cooking chicken noodle soup, rubbing his back, or just staring at him. :) I can't stand it! All my love and devotion come to the surface and I struggle to focus on anything but him and his obvious discomfort. It's kind of fun, in a way, to feel myself love him so much. My goodness, it's overwhelming! I knew I loved him, of course, but seeing him vulnerable like this and wanting so desperately to help makes me realize that I practically worship the ground he walks on. It's nigh unto idolatry. I'm serious. :) It hurts his throat so badly to talk that he doesn't say too much, and the one-syllable comments/answers he offers me are insufficient for my chatty needs. I just try to ask yes/no questions and let him rest. Though selfishly I'm quite ready to have my normal, playful husband back! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Eldon...men do not do sick well. He is lucky and blessed to have you there to take good care of him. Your mom is still glowing from the weekend with you and I am still glowing because she is a blogger. I feel like a girl waiting for a guy to call...I keep checking Google reader to see if she has posted.
ReplyDeleteI hope he feels better soon! You are such a sweetheart, Shell. I always knew you would be a wonderful wife...and mother! :)
ReplyDeleteAGH! After seeing his pitiful little picture, I want to rush right over and take care of him, too!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor thing. I hope he is starting to feel better today.
ReplyDeleteWe sure love you two....