
There once was a girl named Shelli
With a 4-inch baby in her belly.
Her husband was funny,
She called him Honey,
And they lived in a house rather smelly.
Then an epiphany came one day,
That she and her prince could move away!
The boxes were packed,
Like they were being attacked,
And without extra time to play.
They had friends in the land,
Who landed a hand,
And things went quite perfectly.
Shelli was grateful,
The apartment was tasteful,
And she clapped her hands with glee.
She's been organizing since that night,
That they came home to such a sight,
And the kitchen is done,
With hot water that runs,
And it glows with bleach and sunlight.
You should all see the house right now,
It looks like something went "KAPOW!"
But she gets off at one,
And can get more work done,
And her husband will get home and say, "Wow!"
Shelli's heart is not sad,
For which Eldon is glad,
They feel peace for the first time in months.
But between you and me,
The real reason might be,
Shelli hasn't felt sick even once! :)
With a 4-inch baby in her belly.
Her husband was funny,
She called him Honey,
And they lived in a house rather smelly.
Then an epiphany came one day,
That she and her prince could move away!
The boxes were packed,
Like they were being attacked,
And without extra time to play.
They had friends in the land,
Who landed a hand,
And things went quite perfectly.
Shelli was grateful,
The apartment was tasteful,
And she clapped her hands with glee.
She's been organizing since that night,
That they came home to such a sight,
And the kitchen is done,
With hot water that runs,
And it glows with bleach and sunlight.
You should all see the house right now,
It looks like something went "KAPOW!"
But she gets off at one,
And can get more work done,
And her husband will get home and say, "Wow!"
Shelli's heart is not sad,
For which Eldon is glad,
They feel peace for the first time in months.
But between you and me,
The real reason might be,
Shelli hasn't felt sick even once! :)
What a great poem Shelli! I hope that all is well, the apartment is much better and that you are feeling 100% again. I think the second trimester a second wind comes along and you get more energy than ever. I hope all is well. We love and miss you all!
ReplyDeleteNow you have got me laughing, Shell!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better! I was throwing up until about 26 weeks... the second trimester is so much more fun! I made my header using Photoshop. Do you digitally scrapbook at all? I download free digital papers and accents (ribbons and such) from places like shabbyprincess.com and then it's just a matter of opening all my elements and copying and pasting them together to form my header. If it's something you'd like to learn I'd be glad to help you get started! Or, since I enjoy it so much, I'd be more than happy to make you and Eldon a header for your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha, Shells, I love you! Glad things are looking up!
ReplyDeleteoh hooray! I'm glad you're feeling better. When do I get to come over and check out the new place?!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are feeling better!! I am sure that sunshine and air conditioning help. Enjoy your new place.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have a new place and are feeling better! I'll be it is nice to finally feel a little like your self again.
ReplyDeleteAnd your poem made me smile.