Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Okay, okay...

...I'll keep the dumb journals. :) It's a good thing I got so much feedback on that because I was seriously going to throw them away. There are five pages in a row, I kid you not, back in 2005 (right before my mission) that have different boy names all written in block scrapbookish lettering detailing the dates we'd been on that night. What a silly, embarrassing girl I was. I can't imagine my posterity benefiting from that, but so be it. It will be a stark contrast to the dignified, poised woman they know me to be in later years. :)

Eldon and I rode our bikes to campus together this morning. What an awful thing that was. I was dying because my tires were a little flat and it was a slight incline all the way there (only like 10 blocks, but still ... they were big ones). I'm so going to be sore tomorrow. Eldon wasn't winded at all, of course, but he wasn't carrying our baby either. The extra 8 ounces (or whatever s/he weighs) is rough. :) Plus it really hurt my hind quarters. I think I need some kind of fluffy cushion on there if this is going to be a regular activity. And if I could do away with the backpack of death that would be great, but I don't see a way around that. Anyway, that was the bike experience of the morning (probably of the week ... month ... pregnancy).

On a different note, my New Testament class is incredible. Really. I took it from Todd Parker and he is a TOUGH guy. He has such high expectations of us, I love it. Bring it on! I hate it when students complain when their religion professors require a lot from them ... Like we should all just be able to bear our testimonies and get As. That really bugs me. It looks like I'll have to do some major work to get an A in this class. And I'm going to learn all kinds of things, too, which I appreciate. The packet is incredible. I think we're going to have to start memorizing the Bible Dictionary. :)

What else can I possibly relate to you? My birthday was wonderful, even though I turned 25. Eldon is the best husband there ever was. He made me feel like a queen all day. We went to Bryce and Haley's for dinner too, which was YUMMY. Bryce's chicken was great and Haley made rockin' garlic potatoes. I was so happy. :) Then Camilla brought me daisies yesterday at work for my birthday and that was great. I'm looking a them right now. They really are the "friendliest flower" (Meg Ryan, You've Got Mail) in the land. I just love them. Just the white ones, though, none of that crazy colorful stuff. It covers up the friendly for some reason. :)

That's all for now. Life is great, goals are fun, and I'm getting better at putting the most important things (mainly Eldon at the moment) first in my life. I don't let myself get so stressed with class or work that I can't be a wife. The kind that cooks dinner and massages backs. :) Last night, for example, Eldon came home from school to a table full of fresh taco makings and was the happiest man in Provo for the next three hours. It's so fun to cook for a man who finds such joy in eating good, wife-made food. I love it. And I love him. He really loves me too, bless his heart, and I love how obvious he is about it. I don't think I could do without that. We're learning to be spouses and it's such a fun journey. It's my favorite thing so far.

And we're having a baby! Life is so good!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Shelli, I lvoe your writing (and you of course) and have missed it since your mission days. Wow, so glad you are a blogging girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelli...I had this brilliant idea for your baby's name if it is a boy!

    How about Sheldon Snider??

    I came to me in a flash when I went to a meeting with my friend Jane Sheldon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please excuse my typos on the comments. Geesh, you can tell I have dyslexia on the keyboard. I guess more careful proofing is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you read our blog, Bonnie. I love being connected to my favorite women from back home. Also, did you know that my family (especially my mom) calls us Sheldon, like we're a single entity? It make me laugh out loud when you wrote that. You're obviously friends with my mother. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!