Monday, September 5, 2016

Wow.

Maybe I shouldn't write when I'm cranky.

In my defense, I hardly ever yell at my kids. And when I do, I apologize and ask my kids to forgive me, which is why Noelle said what she did. When they get in trouble and I need to convince them they are not "horrible" or "the worst" as they weep that they are, I use myself as an example of someone who they love and who loves them, but who sometimes makes bad choices. Maybe that kind of humility with your children is a tactical error, and I may regret it later down the road, but for now it helps me put them back together again when they're brokenhearted.

I'm not keeping this blog to make my character or my life look perfect. It's not as crazy as the picture I painted last night, but we definitely have unraveled moments. I love my children, my husband, and my Father in Heaven. I think the Spirit abides in my home more often than not. My daughters love each other more than they fight. Ours is a good, good life.

Every now and then, though, cranky wins, and I'm going to be real about it. :)


P.S. Also, I never say friggin' in real life.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha!!!!! I never for a moment thought you said friggin' in real life. ;) I loved this post and the last one. Thanks for keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!