This is the song Eldon sings to Chiara almost every night. We didn't know she knew the words until she started singing the song in its entirety. She takes some liberties with the lyrics.
That Little Girl Of Mine
Who cares for fame or fortune, who cares for wealth or gold?
Because I have a treasure, within my arms I hold.
A tiny turned up nose, two cheeks just like a rose,
So sweet from head to toes, that little girl of mine.
Two eyes that shine so bright, two lips that kiss goodnight,
That little girl of mine.
No one could ever know just like her coming has meant,
Because I love her so. She's something heaven has sent.
She's all the world to me, she climbs up on my knee,
To me she'll always be that little girl of mine.
We're so in love with our girls. Chiara is learning so much. She quotes Disney movies to me and tells me what kids say weeks after she heard them say it. Her prayers (which I need to catch on film) are full of pleas for her to be a good girl and make good choices and for Noelle to be healthy. It's amazing what they can learn by pure repetition. She amazes me. Being her mom is such a privilege. I hope we can channel that intelligence and tenacity in a spiritual direction ... She'll do wonders for this world.
I didn't know anyone else knew that song! My dad used to sing it to us, but he'd mix up the words and sing "that little boy of mine" to me because he wasn't used to having a girl to sing to.
ReplyDeleteSo cute to watch her sing to Noelle. Chiara is so grown up. Thanks for sharing. Noelle looks like a pretty patient little one to let Chiara hold her. Love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is just so precious! Oh I'm so glad you captured it...and then shared it. LOVE you all with all my heart!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is maybe the cutest thing I've ever seen. She is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteOH, for cute! I love when kids surprise you with what they know!
ReplyDeleteAdorable!
ReplyDelete