Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day Of Love

Eldon wrote me poetry for Valentine's Day. I cried as I read them because it was so sweet that my neuroscience-major-science-minded-medical-student husband would delve into my world of words to give me such a thoughtful gift. We read that book The Five Love Languages together last year and while Eldon teases me that ALL of them are mine, we both know words are my favorite.

His love language is acts of service ... So I spent all day on Valentine's Day cleaning the house, then I made him a yummy steak dinner with green beans and rolls and his favorite sparkling cider. So he came home to a spotless house and a delicious dinner. It was late when he got home, so the girls were both sleeping, which made it feel very much like a real date. Then we snuggled on the couch and watched Contagion. They're studying viruses at school right now so I thought it would be a fun one to watch together, but I think I liked it more than he did. I would have watched anything, really, just for the lovely novelty of being in the same room with him. :) I knew I'd miss him during school, but I really REALLY miss him! It was wonderful to spend time together during the week.

My Valentine's Day Top Ten Loves 2012
  1. Being a parent with my favorite friend.
  2. Having two little girls to kiss and cuddle whenever I want.
  3. Darling, DARLING friends.
  4. Reading memoirs ... I can't get enough of them! I only wish our library had more of a selection.
  5. The sun. I took it for granted in Idaho when I saw it all the time.
  6. Lansinoh.
  7. My boppy pillow. Noelle is sleeping in it right now with her head right next to the "Not for sleeping" tag. Yeah yeah yeah ...
  8. Ruby red grapefruits from Costco.
  9. 30% off coupons to KOHL'S, where I get almost all Chiara's clothes at great prices.
  10. Diet Coke. I wish I didn't love it so much, but I do. I wish they made diet cherry caffeine free ... then my joy would truly be full. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Can I at least be #11? I have, after all, provided you with a large quantity of diet coke... (Mom again...can't seem to sign Dad out.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. technical difficulties....surprise, surprise.... :)

      Delete
  3. Can I at least be #11? I have, after all, provided you with a large quantity of diet coke...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!