Friday, September 9, 2011

State Fair

When we moved from the wide open spaces of Star, Idaho I thought we were moving to a more suburban, city-ish place. But no. I don't know why Eldon never corrected me when I told people I was excited to move to a real city, because he'd BEEN to Lebanon and KNEW it wasn't a city ... but whatever. :)

Probably all states have fairs, but I associate fairs with country places. There were lots of stinky animals and there was poo on my shoe when I got home (charmed, I'm sure) but it was fun. Chiara loved it, and that's what matters.


She loved the horses. "BIG horse, Mamma! BIG horsey!"

 
Terrified of the llamas. I could not for the life of me get her to get near it. You can't see her face in this picture, but I took it just before she screamed and ran back and hid behind my legs. All the other kids were so excited to touch the animals and feed them that gross $2 crap you can get at the gate ... but mine clung to my pants the whole way through. AND, lucky for us, you couldn't just go back out the way you came, you had to exit at the other end of the yard, so it was more of a haunted house experience for Chiara than a petting zoo. Maybe someday she'll like animals. But in all honesty, I don't like them either ... so maybe it's genetic.



We're surrounded my fun, cool stuff and all our girls wanted to do at one point was sit in the middle of the path and read the books we brought from home. Amanda and I just laughed ... toddlers are totally unpredictable. Jordin, by the way, is Chiara's FAVORITE friend. She talks about her every single day. :)


So tired on the way home. It was a long day ...made even longer when Amanda and I couldn't figure out how to get OUT of the fair and walked a million circles following their very VERY sub-par map. My heck. Seriously, we walked around for an embarrassing amount of time before we finally found our exit. The girls were gone, we were done, and it was all we could do to just not throw our OWN fits of frustration. :)


Blue juice from the gas station on the way home. It was like a 45 minute drive, and Mommies needed beverages. :)


Love it! Like the nail polish? Turns out it's SUPER tough to get glittery nail polish off little fingernails. 


She was too distracted by the uber talented boys-hitting-trash-cans group on stage to look at the camera. :)

The only thing that could have made the day better (other than not getting lost) would have been if Daddy could be there too. For now he just has to watch the videos and look at the pictures when he gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!