Monday, October 18, 2010

A small moment:

Outside my window ... It's sunny and cold - my favorite autumnal combination.

I am thinking ... About a friend I love and how much can change in just a few years.

I am thankful for ... A husband who understands me and trusts what he understands.

From the learning room ... reading old journals doesn't get less embarrassing as time passes.

I am reading ... Making Sense of the New Testament, The New Testament, and The Broken Heart ... I think my personality can be seen clearly by the fact that I'm always reading like five books at a time.

I am wondering ... How I fell so in love with God ... How it happened. Why it happened. What it has meant to me along the course of my life.

I am hearing ... John Meyer's Continuum. (Gravity ... has taken better men than me ... )

Today if I could change one thing ... I would take the misdemeanor off Eldon's record (STORY: Eldon was pulled over on his way to take a bunch of trash to the dump. After keeping Eldon for almost two hours on the side of the road, the cop decided the mattress in the trailer needed to have a rope over it. So he gave Eldon a misdemeanor. I know. It's the dumbest thing ever. We're fighting it, but it's a long expensive process.)


I am quoting ... Neal A. Maxwell: "Sometimes the best people have the worst experiences because they are the most prepared to learn." 

I am going ... to be myself today, and love it.

I am missing ... fiction. (only 11 more months to go)

I am hoping ... Chiara is feeling happy and loved.

One of my guilty pleasures ... reading in bed after a hot shower while Chiara naps.

Pet Peeves ... inside-out underwear in the laundry.

One of my favorite things ... happy friends.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately ... the HBO documentary on John Adams.

I am curious about ... what happens in minds that aren't mine.


A few plans for the rest of the week ... register our car and truck in ID, get an ID license, and probably cry on the way home from the DMV.

A picture and thought I am sharing with you ... 

If God loves us even more than I love her, I don't know why we worry so much.

4 comments:

  1. Loved every word....Thanks for sharing your sweet little heart with us, my darling! And you know how you love Chiara? Well, guess what? That sounds very, very familiar to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that quotation by Elder Maxwell. It gave me serious goosebumps. Cute picture of Chiara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written! I loved this. Thanks for sharing. Glad all is going well for you. Keep updating :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!