Friday, September 25, 2009

Chiara is 7 months old?

Merciful heaven. We have a seven-month-old. How did that happen? She has grown up into such a delightful little girl ... we just adore her. Saturday mornings Eldon and I bring Chiara to bed with us and we all just giggle and play until we have to start the day. She's gone from being a quiet observer of our conversations during that time to being a very active - even dominant - participant. She grabs noses, twirls around in the sheets, and bats her hands when something makes her happy (or mad, in all honesty). I will desperately miss these days someday.

Here are the current Chiara facts:
  • She cries when Daddy leaves for school in the mornings.
  • She loves to be sung to sleep. Primary songs are best.
  • She doesn't like being left in a room alone. We're working on that.
  • She loves playing with kitchen utensils. Plastic spatulas are best.
  • She LOVES LOVES LOVES bouncing.
  • She loves scratching things. Anything. Walls. Furniture. Bottles. Bare skin. 
  • She's getting lots of hair ... so much I don't know what to do with it most of the time.
  • She's grown out of her 0-3 month clothes.
  • She loves water. If she's in water she's happy. Period.
  • She tolerates strangers well.
  • She's doing better with church.
  • She loves any and all fruit she tries.
  • She loves any and all food she tries. :) She's just not very good at swallowing it yet.
  • She can scooch around on the floor pretty well. Sometimes she's going after a toy and she goes backward. Her frustration is endearingly fervent in those moments. :)
  • She kicks her legs when she's upset. We're hoping that doesn't translate into tantrums later. I've already told her I refuse to tolerate those.
  • She gets snuggly before bedtime sometimes and strokes Eldon's and my face as she dozes off. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen her do to date.
  • She has a mommy and a daddy who both are head over heels in love with her.


Happy birthday, Chiama Llama!! We love you so!

5 comments:

  1. oh cute girl!! it was so fun to finally meet her and get to see those great big, beautiful eyes in person. What a sweetie!

    Big kisses from Auntie Jaclyn and cousin Breelynn!

    Happy 7 month birthday Chiara! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would give every single thing that i own to have her stroke my face as she goes off to sleep. Every. Single. Thing.
    ********sigh********

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she is 7 months too. Time is passing too quickly. I love the picture of her. I LOVE the pigtails. I can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the time is passing fast. She is adorable...love the piggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelli, it's Maya!

    Wow, she is so amazingly wonderful. Enjoy these wonderful moments with her - you will never ever forget them. My mother still swoons when she thinks about my baby moments.

    I really, really want to meet her! When is your next visit back to the Bay?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!