Last Friday we went on a road trip to Park City where JD (the little boy I nannied) and his dad were on a week-long ski trip. He is SO grown up, I can't get over it! I hadn't seen him since before my mission, and kids sure change in three years...It was great to catch up with them. JD remembered me and was clingy all night, which made my heart fill with joy. :) In this picture I had to hold his hands a little to keep him from doing crazy things with them. He's such a 5-year-old boy. I love him.
This is my last 4-month semester, which is great! I got permission from my department to take a math class rather than waiting until Fall to take another Italian class (for the advanced language requirement) so I'm out of here in June! YAY! I can finally spend all my time learning what I WANT to learn, rather than sticking to a syllabus I don't agree with. But not until June...it's still a busy ride to that point in my life.
Eldon, bless him all his life, has a LOT more school to look forward to. Actually, I think sometimes I feels like there isn't even an end in sight. He works so hard--I really really appreciate him. We babysat his niece and nephews last night, and he had to go to a study group in the middle of it. He came back in time for a few minutes of story time. :) Parker (2 years old) wanted us to tell him his dad's mission stories, but I told him I didn't know any, so we told him some of ours. :) That was cute. Anyway, he's my hero for working so hard for us when there are millions of things he'd rather do than O-Chem homework. :)
Anyway, things are going well for us, as always. We're singing in Sacrament Meeting this Sunday, so that should be interesting. Eldon is so talented, and I'm, well...rusty. Hopefully it will be pretty enough not to drive away the Spirit. That's all that matters. :) It will be interesting to see how our Primary kids react. They always have funny comments.
OH! In Junior Primary this last Sunday we were talking about physical and spiritual death (for sharing time, which was a little odd) and the Sister doing the lesson drew a picture of a girl in a big hole to symbolize physical death with a ladder (the Atonement) leading up to the resurrection. A 5-year-old voice from the back yelled, "That girl's in the pit of SIN!!!!" All the teachers erupted with laughter, and the Sister explained that sin was part of spiritual death. Oh, it was hilarious!
Well, that's it for us. Hope you're all as happy as we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you're here, and I love to hear what you have to say!